Fascinator or headpiece-making parties
This is a fabulous way to get “all the girls” together before the “big” day. All can enjoy the fun of a making a beautiful headpiece that can be worn on the Special Day. Imagine accepting compliments and responding “Yes I made it myself”!
Jenny from the House of Balsam Millinery would be delighted to host a fascinator making workshop for you in her spacious, light and airy studio and showroom located in downtown Toowoomba where you can create a unique headpiece to your own design.
With a wide range of colours available, you can cherry-pick your materials from a selection of gorgeous feathers, sinamay, crinoline, beads and veiling that will be made available. There is no pre requisite skill required and don’t worry, that you cannot sew, no experience is necessary you will be helped all along the way. The only thing we ask you to bring is your sense of fun!
This is a great way to have fun, and get to know one another better, in a relaxed setting and create something exquisite and valuable whilst having fun. These sessions would be perfect – for your hen hat party, (the girls will all have a headpiece ready for the wedding), birthday, special occasion or event, or even corporate team building!
If you cannot make it to the House of Balsam Studio, Jenny would be happy to come to you. Just name the place and Jenny will come loaded with a marvellous box of enchantments. There will need to be enough table space/elbow room for all to create, and a separate table to display the offered supplies for use.
There are three (3) levels of workshops to choose from, depending on how much time you have and your budget.
- The Gem workshop will last for two (2) hours and you will come away with a completed basic fascinator. The cost for the Gem workshop is $65.00 per person.
- Our Pearl workshop lasts for three (3) hours with a break in the middle to enjoy tea and biscuits (homemade, yummy). The cost for the Pearl workshop is $85.00 per person.
- The Diamond workshop lasts for 3.5 hours and includes all of the above, with a glass of bubbly at the end to toast your creations! The cost of the Diamond workshop is $95.00 per person.
Is there likely to be more than ten of you? Speak to Jenny about a discount!
What do I get for my money at a hen hat party?
- Tuition and guidance from a professional milliner, all materials and use of all necessary equipment
- A celebratory glass of bubbly at the end of the workshop (Pearl and Diamond only)
- A selection of teas & coffee with delectable homemade biscuits or maybe even a cake. This sumptuous fare will be served on delicate and beautiful vintage inspired china.
Anything else that you can offer me?
How about a photographer or a makeup artist? We can provide both to make your experience even more memorable – and potentially help you locate the right wedding photographer and makeup artist as well.
Jenny would be pleased to tailor a package especially for your group of girls. This could include extra features like:
- sandwiches/afternoon tea
- wine and cheese
- a make-up artist
- and/or a photographer, to record the day and provide a lifelong memory for you.
Prices for your hen hat party are reliant on on the package required and will be discussed at time of booking. Prices quoted will be all inclusive with no hidden extra costs.